With more than 60 years of experience and three manufacturing facilities in North America, FELLFAB® is an industry leader in the design and manufacture of specialized textile products.
We are currently recruiting for a PRODUCT ENGINEER to join our Atlanta, Georgia facility.
Summary of Responsibilities:
As a Product Engineer, you will be responsible for product costing (estimating), developing part numbers and BOM’s, creating new drawings, revising existing drawings, and pattern and product development.
You will formally report to the Sustaining Engineering Manager, located in Fort Worth, Texas. On a daily basis you will report to the Product Engineer Team Lead in Atlanta.
Other Responsibilities will include:
- Respond to RFQ’s by determining product costs (i.e. labor, materials)
- Develop 2D drawings using AutoCAD for new products and modify or make improvements to existing drawings
- Develop or modify Bill of Materials (BOM’s), create part numbers, and complete engineering change requests (ECR’s)
- Determine material requirements for new products or source and recommend alternative materials for existing products
- Create manual and electronic patterns and markers using Investronica (a computerized cutting system), and ensure that designs are created for manufacturability and repeatability
- Coordinate First Articles, samples, and prototypes as required
- Ensure documented engineering records are maintained
- Provide internal technical support to the shop floor by assisting Manufacturing with the interpretation of customer drawings and specifications
- Provide external technical support through customer visits and status/review meetings with the Sales Team
- Recommend and initiate continuous improvement initiatives into engineering (i.e. waste and cost reduction)
- Previous hands-on experience with AutoCAD, patterning, markers, and computerized cutting
- Ability to work on multiple projects, within various market segments and with competing deadlines
- Strong attention to detail and ability to demonstrate accuracy in calculations and engineering documentation
- Excellent communication skills and ability to communicate with all levels of employees (including cross border facilities), as well as customers
Educational and Work History Requirements:
- Post secondary education and/or College Diploma in Mechanical, Industrial, Manufacturing or Textile Engineering
- Minimum 5 years of ‘hands on’ experience in Engineering with a background in 2D drawings, costing, BOM’s, test data, and certifications
Other Assets Include:
- Previous Engineering experience in the aviation industry (i.e. aircraft interiors, AS 9100, and working knowledge of FAA requirements)
- Previous work experience in the seating industry (i.e. automotive, rail, marine)
- Previous work experience in an industrial textile environment
To apply please contact:
Beverly Pyron, Human Resources Manager
4254 Frontage Road, Suite 100
Atlanta, Georgia 30354