With more than 50 years of experience and three manufacturing facilities in North America, FELLFAB® is an industry leader in the design and manufacture of specialized textile products to many critical and demanding markets.
We are currently recruiting for a SHIPPING & RECEIVING ASSOCIATE to join our Atlanta, Georgia facility.
Primary Responsibilities will include:
As a Shipping & Receiving Associate, you will be primarily responsible for making sure that all tasks outlined are carried out through shipping and receiving of goods. You will be responsible for working toward quality standards and problem solving and identifying ways to increase production efficiencies.
Other Responsibilities will include:
- Ensure daily scheduling transactions are current and up to date
- Pull batched for production and complete all task of computer entry and reports.
- Incoming materials check: check for damage, correct product, required documentation, inventory control through computer entry, maintain, and provide hard copy documentation for material tractability, and place product in designated bins.
- Complete all computer task and documentation requirements for shipping products.
- Maintain all raw materials in warehouse incoming and outgoing through transportation.
- Uphold and carry out regulatory described work.
- Have a good working knowledge of the Occupational Safety & Health (OSHA), and Workplace Hazardous Materials Information System (WHMIS) Act.
- Know and work to Plant Rules and Safety Procedures.
- Notify Manager of all accidents and safety concerns.
- Participate on continuous improvement projects.
- Participate on technical problem solving.
- Recommend cost cutting ideas as it relates to shipping and receiving.
- Assist implementation of 6S culture.
- Ensure quality requirements meet customer requirements.
- Work to standards as identified in the ISO 9001 Quality Program.
- Work in the development of continuous improvement.
- Have excellent communication skills and be able to communicate to all levels of employees, both verbally and in writing.
- Ability to multi task and manage multiple projects with competing deadlines at any given time.
- Proficiency using a variety of software applications (i.e. Microsoft Word, Excel, and Outlook)
- Experience in computerized scheduling
Educational and Work History Requirements:
- Hands on experience working within a textile or apparel environment, specifically within a cut and sew operation
- High School diploma or equivalent
- Knowledge of 6S and other Lean techniques
- Able to work in a fast paced environment
- Minimum of 5 years of experience in a related field and within a manufacturing environment.
To apply, please submit all resumes to:
Human Resources Manager