Main responsibilities include, but are not limited to, assisting with the procurement of raw materials, supplies, equipment, and services in a timely and cost-effective manner and in conformance with the Company’s policies and procedures.
The Buyer/Expeditor will ensure prompt delivery of materials by working and communicating with vendors on the status of critical orders, trying to eliminate difficulties and delays.
Assist in developing and executing logistic strategies to improve service, transit times and cost performance.
- Analyze report on and recommend the best choices for international logistical freight services
- Assure daily compliance with International Customs documentation and procedural requirements
- Sourcing of materials and solicit RFQ’s to suppliers for material and services requirements
- Generate purchase orders, process modifications to terms and conditions of purchase agreements
- Manage supplier performance, perform commercial analysis on suppliers to develop more efficient processes and cost-effective solution
- Initial preparation and issuance of Request for Quotations (RFQs) for a wide range of commodities
- Post-secondary education
- Completed or are working towards the Certified Professional Purchaser (C.P.P) designation, and/or the Supply Chain Management Professional Designation (SCMP); you are also affiliated with the Purchasing Management Association of Canada (PMAC), and/or Institute of Supply Management (ISM)
- 5 years of purchasing experience in a manufacturing environment
- Working knowledge of purchasing, warehousing, and inventory control policies and procedures
- Working knowledge of supply chain management
- Ability to demonstrate intelligent buying decisions
- Ability to understand freight and transportation costs and concerns
- Ability to understand Accounts Payable (A/P) to Purchase Order (PO) reconciliation
- Ability to understand vendor catalogues, discount structures, and the impact of price changes
- Strong analytical and problem-solving skills
- Excellent interpersonal skills with demonstrated success working in a team environment
- Excellent verbal and written communication, negotiation and mathematical skills (i.e. measurement conversions)
- Proficiency using a variety of software applications (i.e. Microsoft Word, Excel, and Outlook)
- Experience working within an ISO 9001 and/or AS 9100 environment
Interested Applicants should forward a resume to: email@example.com
Please include; “Application for Buyer / Expeditor” in the subject line.