With more than 70+ years of experience and three manufacturing facilities in North America, FELLFAB® is an industry leader in the design and manufacture of specialized textile products to many critical and demanding markets.
We are currently seeking an Engineering Manager to join our Forest Park, Georgia team.
Primary Responsibilities will include:
Provide Leadership, management, training, and support to the (Atlanta and Texas) Engineering Departments. Responsibilities include product design and development, cost estimating, CAD drawings, part and product configuration definition, process definition, DFMEA and PFMEA, pattern and marker development, problem resolution, continuous Improvement, development of specifications and standards, and test plans to verify new/changed designs.
Interface with the senior leadership team, departmental managers, engineering staff, and other salaried and hourly team members, customers, and suppliers as required to complete assignments/objectives and to support the achievement of the company business plan.
Develop, maintain, and standardize engineering procedures to support the company business objective, engineering procedures and forms, engineering systems and technology (SolidWorks, PDM, Optitex), and customer and industry requirements (e.g., ISO9001/AS9100).
Other Responsibilities will include:
- Prepare & submit annual engineering budget (Operating & Capital Expenditures). Manage department to approve budget.
- Conduct salary and performance reviews for engineering staff.
- Review and recommend staffing levels at each facility.
- Review, recommend, and implement engineering organizational changes at each facility.
- Recommend and execute team development and training.
- Verify costs and labor rates and recommend changes.
- Call weekly engineering meetings to discuss any staff issues and the status of daily work.
- Prepare, report, and react to engineering departmental objectives (KPIs) on a monthly basis.
- Provide staff with guidance in areas of design and development, cost estimating, part identification, product configuration, CAD Drawings, patterns and markers, and the interpretation of specifications, standards, and procedures.
- Assign appropriate engineering resources to respond to RFQ opportunities, track RFQ response performance.
- Perform design analysis and cost reviews on new and existing opportunities.
- Submit cost quotes to sales and conduct pre-submission meetings.
- Maintain a log of all RFQ cost sheets.
- Provide support and technical expertise as required to the engineering team. Certain quotes or opportunities could require the manager to be the lead on that RFQ or project.
- Business travel between facilities, customers, and suppliers as required supporting business and departmental needs.
- Backup team members as required.
- Manage and schedule the pattern/prototype group.
- Manage technical projects to timeline and budget. Provide timely project reports.
- Meet with the VP of Sales and Marketing regularly to discuss new product developments, based on customer inquiries.
- Meet with customers and suppliers, as required.
- Research material capabilities per application and design.
- Co-ordinate prototype designs and prototype builds.
- Develop, approve, and maintain drawings, specifications, standards, and engineering test plans to meet company and customer requirements.
- Perform and co-ordinate necessary field trials and external engineering verification testing.
- Perform cost analysis to ensure the lowest cost meets all requirements.
- Prepare final reports, make recommendations, and introduce new products.
- Prepare process plans, quality plans, and incoming acceptance criteria for new materials, new products, and new projects in coordination with quality and operations.
- Prepare technical input to finance department to support potential research and development grants/tax rebates.
Educational and Work History Requirements:
- Post-Secondary education (e.g., College degree in Mechanical or Textile Engineering or similar/appropriate technical discipline)
Minimum Knowledge/Skills/Experience/Abilities Required:
- 5 years of engineering management experience
- Strong computer skills including Word, Excel, and design/technical software.
- Ability to communicate to all levels of employees, both verbally and in writing
- Exceptional organizational leadership skills with a strong attention to detail
- Ability to multitask and work on multiple projects at any given time.
- Previous experience using costing models and material and labor standards for Bill of Material (BOM) creation.
- Previous experience with test data and certification procedures.
- The Engineering Manager will work out of the Atlanta office; therefore, the candidate must reside in Atlanta, Georgia or in the surrounding area.
To Apply please email a resume and cover letter to firstname.lastname@example.org include Engineering Manager in the subject line.
5445 Old Dixie Highway, Suite 200 | Forest Park, GA 30297