With more than 67 years of experience and four manufacturing facilities in North America, FELLFAB® is an industry leader providing engineered solutions using textile related products to many critical and demanding markets including Aerospace, Defense, Rail and Industrial.
We are currently recruiting for an ENGINEERING TECHNICIAN to join our team in Mooresville, NC.
The Engineering Technician is an expert in CAD and Pattern systems and supports the engineering team with models, drawings, and associated documentation. The technician also maintains the engineering order response queue (MPSR), estimates and responds to RFQs/RFPs, works with the prototype department to deliver design and parts, and other tasks as assigned. The ideal candidate will have a minimum of 3 years of working SolidWorks experience in a manufacturing environment. A background in engineered textiles is preferred but not mandatory. An associate or bachelor’s degree is welcome but not required for this role.
This position reports to the Director of Engineering and Program Management.
Your key responsibilities will include:
- Create, modify, and maintain CAD models and drawing in SolidWorks
- Ensure drawings meet internal engineering format standards (unless otherwise agreed to with Customer)
- Ensure drawings are accurate, detailed and meet manufacturing capabilities
- Manage drawing and models within the PDM environment
- Update AutoCAD 2D drawings as required
- Digitize and develop 2D pattern and marker data in Optitex and InvesCAD
- Develop sketch models for interface with 2D tacking programs
- Interface with engineers, customers, and vendors on drawings as applicable
- Maintain engineering documentation and records
- Check and manage Work Order Request Log on a daily basis
- Check and manage MPSR on a daily basis
- Support walk through orders as required
- Support continuous improvement process with daily tasks
- Review and respond to ECR system daily
- Check Basecamp RFQ system on a daily basis
- Estimate assigned RFQ/RFP requests on time and accurately within engineering defined process
- Maintain RFQ log for engineering KPIs
- Manage, Coordinate & communicate sample build requirements & timing to Pattern Development Technician and Production dept. as required/appropriate.
- Develop, communicate & maintain Engineering First Article Drawings, BOM (incl. parts, material, quantities, and labor) and parts list
- Work closely with and clarify requirements to Production dept., if production labor (is to be booked to Engineering FA Account) and production processes are to be used to produce Eng. advanced samples and/or Eng. FA’s.
- Investigate approved Test Labs
- Support lab and test builds
- Provide shop floor drawing and interpretation support
- Work closely with Quality Dept. for testing and certification requirements to meet AS9100 Quality System Standard
- Work closely with Purchasing to source new or substitute materials for new designs
- Work closely with Sales to provide onsite customer support and to assist in identifying new product design opportunities
- Participate in “Contract Bid & Contract Award” meetings
- Initiate and lead “Value Engineering” cost reduction opportunities for design and materials. Propose labor reduction opportunities to Production dept. and Manufacturing/Industrial Engineering.
- Keep work area clear of excessive amounts of current/outdated documents, drawings & samples
- Ensure samples are clearly identified (e.g. Engineer/person responsible, reason for sample being in area etc.)
- Ensure that there is no debris or waste laying around
- Ensure that there are no electrical cables and boxes/containers etc. laying on floor that may cause a potential safety hazard
Educational and Work History Requirements:
- High School Diploma or GED equivalent
- Certified SolidWorks associate or 5 years’ experience
- CAD associates degree a plus
Mandatory (must have) Knowledge/Skills/Experience/Abilities Required:
- Minimum 3 year’s SolidWorks experience
- Experience with drawings for a manufacturing environment
- Excellent analytical and troubleshooting skills
- MS Word, Outlook, and Excel
Preferred (nice to have) Knowledge/Skills/Experience/Abilities Required:
- SolidWorks surfaces experience
- SolidWorks simulation experience
- LEAN manufacturing experience with a proven track record of implementing continuous improvement initiatives
- Good communication skills (verbally & written) with internal & external customers, incl. Management & Shop Floor Personnel
- Exceptional organizational skills with strong attention to detail
- Ability to multi task, work on various projects at any given time and make technical decisions
- Creating product specifications and test plans
How to Apply:
Email your resume to firstname.lastname@example.org and write Engineering Technician Application in the subject line.
We thank everyone for applying but only qualified candidates will be contacted for an interview.