With more than 68 years of experience and four manufacturing facilities in North America, FELLFAB® is an industry leader providing engineered solutions using textile related products to many critical and demanding markets including Aerospace, Defense, Rail and Industrial.
We are currently recruiting a Human Resources Generalist to join our team in Hamilton, Ontario.
Reporting to the Director, Human Resources, this position is required to provide daily Human Resources and administrative support for the manufacturing facility through staffing, training, communication and safety initiatives.
Responsibilities of the role include but are not limited to:
- Support recruitment efforts by advertising jobs, screening resumes, scheduling and conducting interviews, performing reference checks, creating offers of employment; and delivering orientation programs
- Administration of all relevant documentation i.e. job offer/layoff/termination letters, benefit changes, discipline tracking, updating communication boards
- Administration of Worker’s Compensation cases i.e. communicating with employees and health care workers to ensure an early and safe return to work
- Ensure benefits are administered and communicated accurately to employees
- Complete month end reports i.e. KPIs for turnover, H&S , etc
- Summarize safety data on a monthly/annual basis report on trends and suggest corrective actions, participate in H&S meetings and plant safety walk throughs
- Complete documentation in regards to Long Term Disability claims, sick leave, layoffs, etc
- Ensure Skills Matrix assessments and Performance Reviews are completed in a timely manner
- Assist with and provide guidance to the Plant Manager in regards to employee discipline
University degree or College diploma in Human Resources Management; CHRP designation
- 3-5 years Human Resources experience within a manufacturing environment
- Excellent communication skills (verbal and written) with an ability to deliver complex information to a very diverse audience
- Exceptional organizational skills with a strong attention to detail and employee documentation
- Ability to creatively approach issues from various angles
- Ability to maintain confidentiality with sensitive issues
- Ability to work with minimal supervision and complete tasks in a timely manner
- Excellent computer skills, specifically Microsoft Word, Excel, and Power Point and Smartsheet
How to Apply:
Should your background match the requirements of this role, please email your resume to email@example.com ll applicants will be held in strictest confidence and only those selected for an interview will be contacted. Initial interviews will be conducted virtually and a COVID questionnaire completion will be required should there be an in-person interview.
FELLFAB Limited is committed to the Accessibility for Ontarians with Disabilities Act; AODA and maintaining a diverse workforce. Job applicants with a disability who require reasonable accommodation for any part of the application or hiring process can contact HR at firstname.lastname@example.org or 905-203-3265. Reasonable accommodations will be determined on a case-by-case basis and your request will be responded to as soon as possible.