We are currently recruiting for a Junior Mechanic to join our Maintenance Department in our Hamilton, Ontario facility. This is a full-time, permanent position.
The primary responsibilities for this position include: providing maintenance to plant equipment, troubleshooting and repairing machinery, following a preventative maintenance program and working in accordance with the Occupational Health and Safety Act.
The ideal candidate will have manufacturing experience and be mechanically inclined.
- Mondays to Fridays from 6:30am to 3:00pm
- Full-time, Permanent
- Provide maintenance to machinery, equipment, and the facility to ensure uninterrupted production
- Troubleshoot and repair minor electrical, mechanical, and pneumatic machinery and other industrial equipment as required
- Monitor each department for machine repairs and complete as needed.
- Follow monthly preventative maintenance (PM) on production-related machinery such as:
- RF welding machines, Grommet machines, Punch presses, Spray booth, Screen printing dryer, Strip cutters, Steam boiler, Cutting Machines
- Ensure machinery and equipment meets all safety requirements and guards are in place.
- Assist the other Mechanics as required for sewing machine maintenance, including TSS cells
- Work to the Occupational, Health and Safety Act
- Ensure housekeeping is orderly and maintained
- Perform duties and tasks in a safe and responsible manner
- Report the existence of any hazard or potential risk to direct Supervisor
- Minimum grade 12 education
- Minimum of 2-4 years of hands-on Production experience.
- Mechanical Aptitude
- Must have excellent organizational skills, as well as written and oral communication skills
- Must be comfortable working with numbers and conversions
- Must be able to prioritize responsibilities with competing deadlines and multitask to complete tasks on time.
Please submit your resumes or applications to firstname.lastname@example.org
We thank all applicants who apply, however will only contact that who match our requirements.
Should you need special accommodation during the interviewing process you are asked to please contact FELLFAB®’s Human Resources Dept.
We have taken extra precautions to assure the safety of all applicants and our employees during the COVID-19 pandemic. All applicants will be required to participate in our COVID-19 pre-screening process.