With more than 65 years of experience and multiple manufacturing facilities in North America, FELLFAB® is an industry leader in the design and manufacture of specialized textile products.
We are currently recruiting for a MANUFACTURING COST ACCOUNTANT to join our Hamilton, Ontario team.
Summary of Responsibilities:
Cost accountant position is accountable for the ongoing analysis of process constraints, margin analysis, and completing root cause analysis and where possible implement correction actions.
The cost accountant will also monitor cost-effective data accumulation reporting systems needed to provide an appropriate level of timely costing information.
This position reports to the Director of Finance.
- Investigate variances to standard, report findings, summarize impact to ensure costing process is properly reflecting costs and understand and report on financial impact
- Review labor efficiency by work orders to final costing sheets to material and labour allocation records
- Report on break even points by product and location
- Understand impact to performance, of overhead allocation and spending at different operational volume levels
- Review of all pricing, costing support documentation and department spending
- Report on margin by customer, product and location and provide timely information to react and adjust where necessary to improve performance
- Issue all margin statements from Syacc
- Provide product and performance weekly reports – actual to costed.
- Provide summary margin variance report – Actual to Budget – To Last Year
- Report on variances and complete root cause analysis
- Complete job and/or contract lessons learned worksheets
- Assist with completion of ROI`s on capital expenditures to ensure return on investment is achieved, and understand necessary adjustment to costing competed
- Review impact on bill of materials and open cost sheets
- Coordinate Inventory Cycle Counts and investigate material variances and resolve issues as needed
- Coordinate physical year end and regular cycle counts and action trends in results
Educational, Work History and Skill Requirements:
- Professional designation required – CGA/CMA preferred
- of 5-10 years in a Manufacturing Cost Accounting Role
- Excellent time and task management skills
- Ability to work independently and prioritize multiple projects meeting deadlines in a timely and effective manner
- Ability to collaborate with a Multi – Dept. team.
- Strong problem resolution skills
- Strong knowledge of accounting procedures and controls
- Detail oriented with excellent oral and written communication skills
- Computer applications including Word and Excel
List all job-related training required for this position:
- Ability to work in multiple data bases.
Interested Applicants should forward a resume to;
Human Resources Manager