With more than 65 years of experience and four manufacturing facilities in North America, FELLFAB® is an industry leader providing engineered solutions providing textile related products to many critical and demanding markets including Aerospace, Defense, Rail and Industrial.
We are currently recruiting a Plant Manager to join our team in Hamilton, Ontario.
Reporting to the VP, Operations, the incumbent ensures that manufacturing, inventory control processes, customer requirements, company policies and procedures along with current legislation are met as per Business Plan and Objectives. Key performance indicators are: on time delivery, variance dollars, and internal/external rejections.
Responsibilities in this role include but are not limited to: managing the facility to ensure adequate staffing and equipment is available to the operations; ensure staff are trained and cross-trained to meet maximum production output; manage the warehouse to ensure inventory levels are available to meet customer demands; provide technical support; coordinate health and safety initiatives; and ensure quality standards are maintained.
The ideal candidate will be a College Graduate, experienced and able to thrive in a challenging, fast paced environment, with the following education and experience:
- Mechanical or Industrial Engineering degree preferred.
- Ideally 8+ years management experience in a manufacturing environment
- Experience working in a textile field and working with manufacturing cells
- Strong computer skills, specifically MS Office
- Experience in production planning, coordination, and supervision within a manufacturing environment (inventory and scheduling)
- Experience in employee training (program creation and delivery)
- Experience in bill of material and drawing interpretation
- Experience with test data and certification procedures
- Experience using ERP software
- Ability to communicate to all levels of employees, both verbally and in writing
- Ability to multi task and work on various projects at any given time (time management)
- Exceptional organizational skills with a strong attention to detail
- Demonstrated effectiveness in managing and leading direct report
How to Apply
Interested candidates are asked to submit their resume to email@example.com with the title Plant Manager on the subject line. Only those candidates selected for an interview will be contacted.
We thank all applicants who apply, however will only contact those who meet our requirements.
Should you need special accommodation during the interviewing process you are asked to please contact FELLFAB® Human Resources Department.