With more than 65 years of experience and multiple manufacturing facilities in North America, FELLFAB® is an industry leader in the design and manufacture of specialized textile products.
We are currently recruiting for a QUALITY TECHNICIAN to join our Hamilton, Ontario team.
To complete and provide documented evidence of incoming inspection, first article, in process and final inspections. Provide the analytical data necessary to demonstrate ISO 9001 and AS 9100 compliance’s.
To identify and provide proactive solutions to problems identified in the process and the QMS.
To ensure regulatory, internal procedures and external customer requirements are met through documentation and annual certification.
- Participate in internal process audits, reviews including annual certification audits as well as customer, vendor, quarterly, and other internal audits as required
- Assist the Quality Manager in Document Control by ensuring the accuracy and the consistency of quality documentation including manuals, certifications, records, quality plans, and First Article Inspections (FAI’s)
- Monitor the NCR process by identifying, evaluating, and documenting internal failures, and reporting on trends
- Ensure the NCR log is maintained and that corrective actions (CAR) are identified and implemented in a timely manner
- Analyse and compile quality data to identify trends, summarize results, and to communicate the cost of returns
- Document and make available all meeting minutes as it relates to the Quality Management System including quarterly management reviews
- Develop Quality training material and deliver to all levels of employees
- Compile objective evidence in support of continuous improvement initiatives
- Travel to customers if required to resolve customer issues
- Assist and provide backup support to the Quality Manager
- Inspect incoming materials for conformity to quality standards
- Inspect First Articles to ensure all customer specifications are achieved
- Inspect work-in-process and finished goods to ensure quality standards are maintained throughout the Production process
- Document inspection results, analyze for trends, and compile weekly and monthly reports
- Update visual management boards with quality information
- Coordinate activities and provide direction to Inspectors
- Provide visual aids on product conformity where required
Indicate the minimum level of formal Education Required:
- Post-secondary education in Quality Control, Quality Assurance, or Inspection
Knowledge/skills/experience/abilities required for the position:
- Ability to maintain ISO 9001 and AS 9100 certifications
- Ability to read and interpret drawings
- Ability to work within a team environment and on individual projects
- Ability to communicate with employees at all levels within the organization
Training that will be provided for the position:
- Internal computer (SyAcc) training
- Product training
- ISO policies and procedures training
- AS9100 policies and procedures training
- Internal health and safety training
All interest applicants should apply to:
2343 Barton St. East
Hamilton, Ontario, L8E 5V8