Do you enjoy sewing? Do you have some experience operating a sewing machine at home? We are currently manufacturing masks and gowns to fight the COVID-19 pandemic and we would welcome your help.
If you are a reliable worker and enjoy learning, please consider applying at our Hamilton facility. We have many Sewing Machine Operator positions available for our Afternoon Shift and Day Shift. Please keep in mind that these are all full-time and temporary/contract positions. All applicants will be required to participate in a practical sewing test.
Your responsibilities include:
- set-up sewing machine (load bobbin)
- operating the machine to assemble simple textile products while sitting
- carry, push and pull materials up to 5 lbs
- check materials/parts for any quality defects and other fine details
- follow all operating procedures, supervisor instructions and safety rules
The ideal candidate will have the following:
- 1 year of sewing experience preferred
- industrial sewing experience considered an asset
- able to work in a fast-paced environment and multi-task
- demonstrates strong attention to detail
- able to remember different operations
- a strong work ethic with excellent attendance and attitude
Hours of Work:
- Temporary work/contract only
- Afternoon Shift available (Mondays to Fridays from 3:30 pm to 12 am)
- Day Shift available (Mondays to Fridays from 6:30 am to 3 pm)
- Full-time (5 days a week, 8 hour shifts)
- $14.48 to 16.96 per hour
- $0.50 per hour premium for afternoon shift
- Compensation will be determined according to our skills matrix
How to Apply:
Please submit your resume directly by emailing email@example.com and writing “Sewers – Hamilton” in the subject line.
We have taken extra precautions to assure the safety of all applicants and our employees during the COVID-19 pandemic. All applicants will be required to participate in our COVID-19 pre-screening process.