With 70 years of experience and three manufacturing facilities in North America, FELLFAB® is an industry leader providing engineered solutions using textile related products to many critical and demanding markets including Aerospace, Defense, Rail and Industrial.
FELLFAB Limited is currently searching for a Sourcing and Logistics Specialist for a 6-Month Contract with the option of becoming permanent, in the Purchasing Department of its Hamilton, ON Corporate Office.
This position will be responsible for strategic sourcing of direct/indirect materials and logistical services and providing Request for Quote information.
Responsibilities in this role include, but are not limited to:
- Negotiating prices with material and service providers;
- Suggesting how to reduce total landed cost, while not impacting quality but ensuring operational commitments are met;
- Providing assistance to the department by learning the Material Production Status Procedure issuing Purchase Orders;
- Follow up on deliveries and perform general administrative functions within the purchasing department;
- Analyze open PO and Customer delivery requirements to find opportunities for consolidation and to leverage volumes for lowest cost;
- Stay on top of regulations, advise the Manager of areas requiring compliance or of improvements to existing internal procedures; Identify opportunities for material substitutions when opportunities arise;
- Identify opportunities for volume price leveraging through existing suppliers on new materials specified in bid requests; Negotiation of pricing and terms for blanket orders through communication of forecasts provided to suppliers;
- Resolve internal and external issues related to purchase orders and identify corrective actions where needed;
- Review the SYACC Purchase Order System (MRP), to ensure the data fields are accurate, up to date and consistently meet the requirements of the business;
- Assist in the reconciliation of the annual physical inventory;
- Participate in recommending inventory min/max levels.
Post-secondary education or a Bachelor’s degree in related field.
Completion or working towards the P.M.A.C and/or Supply Chain Management Professional (SCMP) designation.
- 2-5 years of purchasing, logistics and inventory control in manufacturing (preference with textiles but not a must).
- Strong Negotiation Skill
- Solid understanding of international logistics compliances, Custom Brokerage and service providers.
- Understanding of Accounts Payable to Purchase Order reconciliation.
- Analytical and problem-solving skills with understanding of basic math for UOM conversions and inventory reconciliations.
- Research abilities of picking new suppliers locally or internationally & price matching abilities.
- Excellent interpersonal skills with demonstrated success working in a team environment.
- Excellent verbal and written communication, negotiation and mathematical skills (i.e. measurement conversions).
- Proficiency using a variety of software applications (i.e. Microsoft Word, Excel, and Outlook)
- Experience working within an ISO 9001, IATF 16949 and AS 9100 environments
- Able to multi-task, succeed under strict deadlines.
Should your background and experience match the above criteria please submit your resume to email@example.com in strictest confidence indicating the job title on the subject line.
Should you need special accommodation during the interviewing process you are asked to please contact FELLFAB® Human Resources Dept.
We thank all applicants who apply, however will only contact that who match our requirements.