FELLFAB Limited is currently searching for a Sourcing and Logistics Specialist to fill a newly created position in the Purchasing Department of its Hamilton, ON Corporate Office.
This position will be responsible for strategic sourcing of direct/indirect materials and logistical services and providing Request for Quote information.
Responsibilities in this role include, but are not limited to:
- Negotiating prices with material and service providers;
- Suggesting how to reduce total landed cost, while not impacting quality but ensuring operational commitments are met;
- Providing assistance to the department by learning the Material Production Status Procedure issuing Purchase Orders;
- Follow up on deliveries and perform general administrative functions within the purchasing department;
- Analyze open PO and Customer delivery requirements to find opportunities for consolidation and to leverage volumes for lowest cost;
- Stay on top of regulations, advise the Manager of areas requiring compliance or of improvements to existing internal procedures;
- Identify opportunities for material substitutions when opportunities arise;
- Identify opportunities for volume price leveraging through existing suppliers on new materials specified in bid requests;
- Negotiation of pricing and terms for blanket orders through communication of forecasts provided to suppliers;
- Resolve internal and external issues related to purchase orders and identify corrective actions where needed;
- Review the SYACC Purchase Order System (MRP), to ensure the data fields are accurate, up to date and consistently meet the requirements of the business;
- Assist in the reconciliation of the annual physical inventory;
- Participate in recommending inventory min/max levels.
- Post-secondary education or a Bachelor’s degree in related field.
- Completion or working towards the P.M.A.C and/or Supply Chain Management Professional (SCMP) designation.
- 2-5 years of purchasing, logistics and inventory control in manufacturing (preference with textiles but not a must).
- Strong Negotiation Skill
- Solid understanding of international logistics compliance’s, Custom Brokerage and service providers.
- Understanding of Accounts Payable to Purchase Order reconciliation.
- Analytical and problem-solving skills with understanding of basic math for UOM conversions and inventory reconciliations.
- Research abilities of picking new suppliers locally or internationally & price matching abilities.
- Excellent interpersonal skills with demonstrated success working in a team environment.
- Excellent verbal and written communication, negotiation and mathematical skills (i.e. measurement conversions).
- Proficiency using a variety of software applications (i.e. Microsoft Word, Excel, and Outlook)
- Experience working within an ISO 9001, IATF 16949 and AS 9100 environments
- Able to multi-task, succeed under strict deadlines.
How to Apply:
Should your background and experience match the above criteria please submit your resume in strictest confidence to email@example.com indicating the job title on the subject line.
We thank all applicants who apply, however will only contact that who match our requirements.
FELLFAB Limited is committed to the Accessibility for Ontarians with Disabilities Act; (AODA) and maintaining a diverse workforce. Job applicants with a disability who require reasonable accommodation for any part of the application or hiring process can contact our HR Dept. at 905-560-9230. Reasonable accommodations will be determined on a case-by-case basis and your request will be responded to as soon as possible.