With more than 67 years of experience and four manufacturing facilities in North America, FELLFAB® is an industry leader providing engineered solutions using textile related products to many critical and demanding markets including Aerospace, Defense, Rail and Industrial.
We are currently recruiting for a Supply Chain Manager to join our team in Hamilton, Ontario.
As the Supply Chain Manager for FELLFAB® you are responsible for overseeing our supply chain management and procurement. This would include all aspects of purchasing, transportation and logistics, sourcing, developing supplier relationships, maintaining inventory levels, contract, and price and term negotiations.
This position reports to the President.
Other Responsibilities will include:
- Manage the Purchasing Department for the Group of Companies within Company approved policies
- Competitively source required products and services
- Provide timely information on materials and freight as requested on all request for quotes, to support our bid process
- Continually improve purchasing methods to drive down annual spend.
- Negotiate supply agreements/ contracts where appropriate that will include a discount structure and volume rebates.
- Participate in the vendor audit program on key/new suppliers
- Establish and maintain supplier listings and regularly evaluate supplier capabilities
- Measure and communicate supplier performance through the quarterly supplier report cards.
- Support Quality initiatives under AS9100 such as Suppliers CARS
- Develop key supplier relationships, who are aligned to the Company’s needs.
- Develop the material supply plan to meet customer needs as identified by sales and production scheduling process.
- Maintain awareness of classification / tariffs for existing products and materials used
- Understand documentation requirements for custom clearance.
- Negotiate inbound and outbound freight contracts
- Ensure all aspects of the company environmental plan are adhered to
- Ensure Material Safety Data Sheets (MSDS) are requested and received as per requirements
- Ensure disposal of all materials meets all government requirements
- Provide regular monthly reports against goals and objectives and tracking on Key Performance Indicators.
Educational and Work History Requirements:
- CSCMP designation or equivalent
- Minimum of 10 years of Purchasing Management experience within a manufacturing environment
- Good understanding of contractual issues in order to advise the business appropriately and to manage risk.
- Evaluate and identify market trends for the material types we purchase
- Strong Negotiation skills and experience in negotiating vendor contracts.
- Previous experience with sourcing and developing new suppliers for raw materials, products, and services
- Previous experience in inventory management including min/max quantity levels
- Previous experience with NAFTA , customs, and transportation
- Exceptional organizational skills with a strong attention to detail and documentation
- Excellent communication skills.
- Must be highly motivated and self-disciplined.
- Hands on Management Style while being able to maintain focus on strategic goals and objectives.
- Ability to multi task and work on various projects at any given time with competing deadlines
- Computer Literate in ERP software applications, strong Office – in particular excel skills.
To apply, please submit a resumes to:
2343 Barton Street East Hamilton, Ontario, L8E 5V8 Phone: (905) 560-9230
Email: Please include position applying for in the subject line.